The GO Run For Fun Health and Wellbeing Programme
The GO Run For Fun Health and Wellbeing programme aims to help primary school children live happy healthy lives through inspiring and enjoyable activities & resources that will enhance their health & wellbeing now and into the future.
This 6-week programme is pupil-led and has the flexibility to be delivered at a time to suit each school/class with minimum teacher input.
How does it work?
Schools choose 2 pupils as the ‘Special Agents’ to lead the programme in their school in assembly, break and lunchtime. The programme includes a range of high quality innovative tools and resources.
There are 6 missions in total; 1 mission to be delivered per week.
Each Mission covers a different theme including;
- Health and wellbeing
- Healthy eating
- Endurance and fitness
Each of the above Missions is supported by the following tools:
- A GO Run For Fun teacher guide poster, that can be displayed in school
- A GO Run For Fun interactive assembly presentation
- A GO Run For Fun Dart animated video
- A GO Run For Fun learning activity differentiated for all pupils to maximise engagement (e.g. an interactive activity, a physical activity)
- A GO Run For Fun weekly individual pupil challenge, that the whole school can participate in, to support behaviour change
The ‘Special Agents’ may choose to recruit some helpers for assistance with some of the missions. The programme provides excellent opportunities for the pupils’ character development, including resilience, confidence and leadership.