This website is operated by INEOS, Brandwave and The Great Run Company on behalf of GO Run For Fun Ventures Ltd. By entering this website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If you find these terms and conditions unacceptable, you must leave the website immediately.
Our Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your access and use of our website and the supply of information and services by us to you through our website. You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may access the services or information on our website as a result of you.
• If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you are not authorised to use this website.
• You may print or save these terms and conditions for your future reference by clicking on Print.
• When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating electronically and therefore we will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this website, unless you instruct us otherwise.
• All content of this website (such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software) is, unless specifically stated otherwise, protected by copyright or similar ownership rights. It cannot be reproduced other than by downloading and viewing on a single computer and/or printing a single hard copy, for private purposes only. It is not to be otherwise reproduced, transmitted, made available on a network or used to create derivative works without our prior written consent. All rights are reserved.
• The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on our website are, unless otherwise specified, our trademarks or licensed to us. No rights are granted to use any of them without our prior written consent.
• Any infringement of our rights or those of any company within our group (for the purposes of Companies Act) will result in appropriate legal action.
• This notice is made by The Great Run Company; Nova International Limited, registered in England with number 03300783 with registered office at Newcastle House Albany Court, Monarch Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 7YB. It is made on behalf of GO Run For Fun Ventures Ltd (registered company number 08963469, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7FG) which is the commercial subsidiary of the GO Run For Fun Foundation (registered charity number 1156230).
Data Protection and Privacy
• You agree that the personal information you give us can be stored and used by Nova International and GO Run For Fun Ventures Ltd (herein after “Organisers”) in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of fun run events.
– You agree that the personal information you give us may be used by the Organisers in connection with the compilation of statistical information and to improve health and safety procedures at future events. The statistical data shall be anonymised and will not identify details relating to a particular named individual.
• You agree that names, images (digital and otherwise) and contact details you give us can be used by the Organisers and their partners for the purposes of:-
o the promotion and marketing of events and future events;
o adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about future events and services which we believe may be of interest, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities (and we may do this by email)
o delivery of promotional and marketing material of similar events or other community based activities organised by our partners, (together the “marketing information”).
o The Organisers shall take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to details provided by you which comes into their possession or control shall not be:
• Used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions.
• disclosed to any person not authorised by you to receive it; or
• altered, deleted, added to or otherwise interfered with (except where expressly permitted by these terms and conditions).
o Should you wish the Organisers to send you marketing information and details of future events related to the GO Run For Fun campaign delivered by the Organisers either by post, email to the address you have supplied, please click on the Opt-in (tick box) on the registration form.
In order to participate in any GO Run For Fun event, participants agree to the following disclaimer and to these Terms & Conditions:
I or any individual/group that I am representing hereby declare that I/we will not take part in any GO Run For Fun event unless medically fit for participation on the day of the event and will compete at my/our own risk.
I or any individual/group that I am representing hereby acknowledge that qualified first aid cover will be provided at the event.
I or any individual/group that I am representing hereby accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals and others will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of participation in the event. I or any individual/group that I am representing hereby give permission to GO Run For Fun Ventures Ltd and The Great Run Company to use my/our name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes (in whatever form of media). I or any individual/group that I am representing hereby agree to these terms and conditions before participation in any GO Run For Fun event.
Individuals that a person completing these terms and conditions may represent includes but is not limited to schools, colleges, sports clubs and community groups.
The Organisers may cancel the event if circumstances arise beyond our reasonable control. In such situations we will take reasonable steps to communicate the cancellation.
In the event of a cancellation the Organisers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred by participants as a result of a cancellation.
Use of Imagery
Photographs may be taken which capture participant’s participation in the event. By agreeing to these terms and conditions participants agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of images (by whatever means) which accurately depict participation in the events. Should you not wish images of your child to form part of publications of photographs and broadcasts depicting participation in events, you must inform the organisers at the event who will take reasonable endeavours to put preventive measures in place for the participant.
If any participant has not exercised before or for some time, they should consult their doctor before taking part in the event.
All participants must provide an emergency contact name/emergency contact number on registration.
In no event shall the Organisers be liable to participants, for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the terms and conditions for:-
• loss or damage;
• loss of profit;
• loss of reputation;
• loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
• consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage is one:
(a) which would arise in the ordinary course of events;
(b)which is reasonably foreseeable; or
(c) which is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the Organisers’ liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.